Film submissions has been closed
Film submissions for the 24th One World Festival has been closed!
ABOUT ONE WORLD
24th annual One World International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival (“One World”) will take place March 21 – April 3, 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic. One World is organized by People in Need, a Czech non-profit and non-governmental organization.
Besides the main festival held in Prague, there is also One World in Regions, which travels to towns throughout the Czech Republic, One World in Brussels, and One World in Schools that uses films in elementary and high-school education and organizes school screenings and other outreach projects. One World has grown over the years to become the largest human rights film festival in the world. It is one of the leading cultural events in Prague and the Czech Republic.
COMPETITIONS AND AWARDS
One World’s programme consists of three competition categories, a variety of non-competition thematic categories, One World Interactive category or Docs for Kids section. Films are selected by One World’s selection committee. Seven awards will be given to the winning films:
- Award for the Best Film in the International Competition
- Award for the Best Director in the International Competition
- The Václav Havel Jury Award for a film that makes an exceptional contribution to the defense of human rights
- Czech Competition Award
- Audience Award
- Student Jury Award
- Regional Jury Award
Submitted films need to meet these criteria:
- Feature of mid-lenght (minimum length 40 minutes) documentary films
- Short documentary or animated films for children – for Docs for Kids category only
- Interactive films for virtual reality
- Films with English subtitles or English-spoken films
- Films made in the past 2 years (2020 - 2022)
- Unfinished films can be submitted upon prior agreement with the festival
- First film submission deadline: September 1st, 2021
- Final film submission deadline: November 1st, 2021 (for films finished between September and November 2020)
- Online Entry Form must be filled out by the submission deadline.
- Festival must be provided with the preview/screener of the film by the submission deadline.
- Festival accepts only online links for previewing. VIMEO (including an online link and a password) is a highly recommended online platform.
- Participation in other festivals does not preclude participation in One World.
- The festival charges a submission fee to cover administrative costs.
- Submission fee: 20 EUR (feature or mid-length docs), 15 EUR (Docs for Kids)
- The fee will be waived for some countries of production - see the list in the application (this condition does not apply to films coproduced with countries obliged to pay the fee).
Film submissions for the 24th One World Festival has been closed! ABOUT ONE WORLD 24th annual One World International Human Rights Documentary......
Every year, the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought is awarded by the European Parliament to those who have dedicated their lives to the defense of......
This Rain Will Never Stop, a documentary about family ties disrupted by war, selected as best film of the year at One World 2021
The winning films of the 23rd edition of the One World International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival were announced online on the festival’s......