Information on the processing of personal data
Personal Data Controller: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s. (People in Need), registered seat at Šafaříkova 24, 120 00 Prague 2, ID No. 25755277, registered in the Foundations Register managed by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, File 119; contact details of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Please note that the Controller may process your personal data to the extent stated: Basic identification and contact details.
Source from which the processed personal data originates: Internet or other public sources.
The data is processed for the purpose of invitation to the One World Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication.
The legal base for the processing is the following:
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller – namely: implementation of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication
The Controller shall store the above-mentioned data for the duration of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and afterwards for the duration of 3 months for the purpose of a complaint or other possible follow-up communication.
The processing of personal data is done by the Controller; however, also the following processors may process personal data for the Controller: the co-organizer of the festival the Czech Center in Brussels.
The Controller shall hand personal data over to another person in the circumstances provided for in the legislation.
- right to request information on which personal data of yours the Controller is processing,
- right to request explanation from the Controller regarding the processing of personal data,
- right to request access to such data from the Controller, right to have the data updated, corrected or restricted, as the case may be, and right to object against processing,
- the right to obtain personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if processing is based on consent or contract,
- right to request the deletion of such personal data from the Controller (provided that the reason for processing is no longer valid),
- right to address the Controller or complain to the Office for Personal Data Protection in case of doubt regarding the compliance with the obligations related to the processing of personal data.
Women Behind the Wheel
About the film
Two friends from the UK set off on a road trip along the famous Pamir Highway, which winds through Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan, to find out what life is like for women in these countries.
Catherine and Hannah have just graduated from university and are embarking on the biggest adventure of their lives. In Bishkek they rent a jeep and embark on a journey of thousand kilometres through three countries. On their pilgrimage, they admire the vast plains and panoramas of the mountains. But this is not their goal – the filmmakers are mainly interested in the position of women in society. Throughout the trip, they meet women of all ages and varying social statuses who share their views on education, upbringing, and family life. Their courageous and inspiring stories show that the desire for equality is present everywhere in the world. Both travellers gradually realize they have much more in common with these women than they had ever thought.
Women Behind the Wheel
English, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Uzbek
Year of Production
Country of Origin
Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, UK, Uzbekistan