Information on the processing of personal data
Personal Data Controller: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s. (People in Need), registered seat at Šafaříkova 24, 120 00 Prague 2, ID No. 25755277, registered in the Foundations Register managed by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, File 119; contact details of the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Controller may process your personal data to the extent stated: Basic identification and contact details.
Source from which the processed personal data originates: Internet or other public sources.
The data is processed for the purpose of invitation to the One World Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication.
The legal base for the processing is the following:
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller – namely: implementation of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication
The Controller shall store the above-mentioned data for the duration of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and afterwards for the duration of 3 months for the purpose of a complaint or other possible follow-up communication.
The processing of personal data is done by the Controller; however, also the following processors may process personal data for the Controller: the co-organizer of the festival the Czech Center in Brussels.
The Controller shall hand personal data over to another person in the circumstances provided for in the legislation.
- right to request information on which personal data of yours the Controller is processing,
- right to request explanation from the Controller regarding the processing of personal data,
- right to request access to such data from the Controller, right to have the data updated, corrected or restricted, as the case may be, and right to object against processing,
- the right to obtain personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if processing is based on consent or contract,
- right to request the deletion of such personal data from the Controller (provided that the reason for processing is no longer valid),
- right to address the Controller or complain to the Office for Personal Data Protection in case of doubt regarding the compliance with the obligations related to the processing of personal data.
The Journalist and Her Jailers
About the film
Luna, a journalist and political prisoner, escaped from Syria to Koblenz, Germany. Members of the Syrian regime accused of crimes against humanity will stand trial here for the first time.
Two men, Anwar R. and Eyad A., allegedly tortured people who spoke out against Bashar Assad in Syrian prisons. Luna Watfa was in one of the cells at the time. She was jailed for 13 months for documenting war atrocities. She continues her journalism in exile in Germany, where she has never missed a day of the groundbreaking trial of her former guards. Luna tries to remain objective, even as the testimonies bring back painful memories. A former employee of the Damascus cemetery describes how he transported and buried bodies from mass graves. A military photographer again shows secret pictures of mutilated bodies that he documented for the regime. The film follows Luna's journey to understand what can be considered justice in this case.
The Journalist and Her Jailers
Arabic, English, German
Year of Production
Country of Origin