Sister Festivals of One World
One World has been actively helping to establish similar festivals abroad, particularly in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. At the same time, One World has also been providing nascent human rights festivals with advice on film programmes as well as on media and fundraising strategies. It also holds regular seminars where organisers of human rights festivals can exchange practical experiences.
“I am delighted that the idea of a festival has been attracting energetic people in various corners of the world,” says Hana Kulhánková, the director of the One World festival in the Czech Republic. “Their success shows that the public are interested in thinking about political and social issues in contexts that are broader than those provided by ordinary news reports, especially in cases where this information has been manipulated.”
- Austria, Vienna: This Human World
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo: Pravo Ljudski
- Germany, Berlin: One World Berlin
- Hungary, Budapest: Verzio International Human Rights Documentary FF
- Ireland, Donegal: Guth Gafa Documentary Festival
- Jordan, Amman: Karama Human Rights Film Festival
- Kyrgyzstan: One World Kyrgyzstan
- Poland, Warsaw: Watch Docs. Human Rights in Film IFF
- Romania, Bucharest: One World Romania
- Slovakia, Bratislava: Jeden svet (One World)
- South Caucasus Documentary Film Festival of Peace and Human Rights – “Nationality: Human"