Submit your film for 25. One World!
International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival opens submissions for the next edition of the festival, which will take place from 20 March to 2 April 2023 in Prague and more than 20 other cities in the Czech Republic and Brussels, and then continue with selected films online. Filmmakers and filmmakers can submit their medium-length and feature films until 1 September 2022. The second round of submissions for films completed between 1 September and 1 November is 1 November 2022. You can submit your selected film via the form here.
COMPETITIONS AND AWARDS
One World’s programme consists of three competition categories, a variety of non-competition thematic categories, One World Interactive category or Docs for Kids section. Films are selected by One World’s selection committee. When selecting films, the committee focuses equally on both human rights content and artistic quality. Seven awards will be given to the winning films:
- Award for the Best Film in the International Competition
- Award for the Best Director in the International Competition
- Václav Havel Jury Award for a film that makes an exceptional contribution to the defense of human rights
- Czech Competition Award
- Audience Award
- Student Jury Award
- Regional Jury Award
Submitted films need to meet these criteria:
- Feature or mid-length (minimum length 40 minutes) documentary films
- Short documentary or animated films for children – for Docs for Kids category only
- Documentary films for virtual reality (interactive projects and 360° films)
- Films with English subtitles or English-spoken films
- Films finished in the past 2 years (2021 – 2023)
- Unfinished films can be submitted upon prior agreement with the festival
For the film's entry requirements and other information, please see the entry form here.